- can Kiwis here apply for the NZ dole and get it here? When older Kiwis who have taken out citizenship apply for a pension here, the Australian govt forces us to apply for the NZ pension as well, so as a result we get both. Using the same scenario cannot kiwis get the NZ unemployment sent her thru their bank accounts? Just wondering...
- Aussie soldiers gave their lives so that Iraqis and Afghanis could vote, but at home their Government denies the same right to Kiwis? WTF??
- we should not have to apply for PR as we are already allowed to live and work indefinitely, that's the issue, all other residents that are allowed to work and live indefinitely are allowed after a certain time to apply for citizenship, that is what this is about, not about welfare or dole or benefits but as a resident allowed to live and work indefinitely having a clear pathway to citizenship.
- why cant the spotlight be on long term nz citizens being the only residents living in Australia that have no pathway to citizenship, and the fact that the scv is a temporary visa forever, the minute you mention welfare and benefits people get upset
- I think they should just give NZ citizens that were legally born in NZ rights and not the ones that got citizenship without being born in NZ they are the ones who don't deserve the rights you shouldn't abuse the citizenship of another country to come to another country and then thinking you have more rights than the actual NZ citizens
- Australia has always been a racist country
- Let kiwis work and Aussies doll bludge. They are bludgers in the work place anyway
- A friend of mine becomes an Australian on Australia Day this year. She is from England and only had to wait 4yrs. Why don't we (kiwis) get that right?
- We are the only one who can urge them to restore the right of Kiwis in Australia.
- What makes NZ citizens ineligible for Australian citizenship or PR? Don't we have the same rights as any other immigrant from other countries?
- The government is stubborn and we are stubborn on our human rights too. Always be tough to your enemies! it's the war as our human right is breached!
- I have a son who can't study here ... and we can't send him back to NZ because he is under 25 and considered a dependent so can't get living allowance to study in NZ
He has had spinal surgery and denied any centrelink help and can't get work because of it
He is 20 years old what now ??
More idiocy to come as they come off the ozkiwi facebook page.